Orders & Returns
Sale Information for Original Art
- The purchaser must sign the Artist Reserved Right Transfer and Sale Agreement for all original works of art before the work can be shipped or picked up. We will provide an electronic document via email or a physical copy to sign at pick up once you have paid the invoice.
- If you do not purchase the work through our online store, we will provide an invoice via email for you to make a payment.
- You may make a payment either by personal check or PayPal/credit card invoice. We cannot ship or release the work until the personal check has cleared our bank.
We also require all returned artwork to be shipped out by the buyer within seven (7) days after confirming with us that the work will be returned. So, if you receive artwork you’ve purchased from us and are not fully satisfied, you have:
- Seven (7) days to contact us about your intent to return the work
- Seven (7) days from the day you contacted us to ship out the artwork
Do not ship the artwork before contacting us. You must first contact us.
If you do not notify us of your intent to return the work within 7 days of receipt or you do not ship the work within 7 days of notifying us, you will NOT be eligible for a refund. (Some exceptions will apply. Please contact us for an assessment of your specific situation.)
You will receive a full refund if the reproduction is received in its original condition and packaging. You must ship the reproduction in its original packaging at your own shipping cost. Please contact us prior to returning the piece.
Online Order Cancellations
You may cancel your order at any time prior to shipping and receive a full refund. If you cancel your order after the piece has shipped, you will be responsible for returning the art in its original condition and paying for the shipping cost. A refund for the work will be made once the artwork is received in original condition.
We reserve the right to cancel any order for an original work or reproduction placed via the website if we determine, in our reasonable discretion, that the piece is mispriced, out of stock, discontinued, damaged, or otherwise unavailable at the price listed.
If we cancel an order, we will send you an email confirmation of the cancellation and you will not be charged for your order.
Why doesn't the art I received look like the image on the website?
We take great care to produce accurate color correct photos under proper lighting and processing of each work for sale displayed on the website. However, because individual computer monitors, tablets and cell phones display colors differently as well as lighting conditions in which the work will hang in the your space:
- Differences in color between the photograph on the website and the your screen are not considered valid reasons for us to pay shipping on a return.
- Differences in lighting used in the your home and the on screen photo are not considered valid reasons for us to pay shipping on a return.
Who pays for returned shipping costs?
Generally, if the artwork was accurately described on our site (in terms of condition, size, materials used, weight, etc.) and you are returning it as a result of buyers remorse, then the you are responsible for return shipping costs.
If important information about the work was not included (either in the photograph or in the description) then you will not be responsible for shipping costs.
How to return original, undamaged artwork:
Step 1 – Within seven (7) days of your artwork delivery date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to give us your order information and the reason for returning the work.
Step 2 – Repackage the artwork using the original packing materials. If you’ve already disposed of the original packing materials, you’ll be responsible for purchasing packing materials to send the artwork back. Please pack the work like you received it. Contact us if you have questions or concerns about packing.
Step 3 – You will also need to insure the work for the value of the purchase through the carrier. Learn more about USPS insurance rates here.
Step 4 – Email email@example.com and let us know when you shipped the artwork back and the tracking information.
Once the piece safely reaches us, we will process your return and the amount owed will be refunded to your original source of payment in the same currency and using the same exchange rate as your original order (minus shipping costs and international customs fees, if any) within 7-10 business days of your return.
If your artwork arrives damaged:
Step 1 – Within seven (7) days of your merchandise delivery date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to give us your order information.
Step 2 – Save the original packaging!
Step 3 – Take photos of damaged artwork and packaging. Please email these photos to email@example.com.
Step 4 – We will contact you to discuss next steps.